If you are like most yoga lovers, you want to get the most from your yoga exercise. One of the best things that yoga offers is a good way to increase mental health and improve posture.
Take a look at people who do yoga, you will find that they have self confidence and usually have great posture.
Practice makes perfect…. If you faithfully practice yoga regularly, you can achieve better posture. You will also find inner peace and better ways to relax and to take the edge and stress away. A great added benefit is the strengthening of your muscles.
How Yoga Can Improve Posture
Did you know that there are yoga poses you can do to correct alignment of various parts of your body? Yes, yoga poses can help you to build strength that is needed for your spine and the muscles surrounding your back.
Your abdominal muscles will also greatly benefit from yoga strengthening exercise which can help prevent back and joint pain.
I love to practice yoga on a regular basis. Yoga helps me stretch muscles and release tension in my body. The breathing exercises are great ways to counter stress and pressure. The breathing exercises also to properly align the spine and strengthen the back muscles.
Here are a few yoga poses that are great for improving posture:
1. Boat Pose – Navasana – Boat pose is done by balancing your entire body on your buttocks. This helps to improve the flow of blood into the abs and the spine, which leads to proper alignment and balance of the spine.
2. Camel Pose – Ustrasana – Camel pose is a helpful position especially for corporate workers who spend the whole day sitting on a chair. By stretching the back, it helps to increase the spine’s flexibility and elasticity.
3. Standing Forward Bend – Uttanasana – There is no better release for your shoulders and neck than in Standing Forward Bend.
4. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) – The Cobra pose is ideal for strengthening the back and opening the chest.
5. Hero Pose (Virasana) – The Hero pose is a seated yoga pose that helps prevent you from slouching.
6. Locust Pose (Salabhasana) – Locust Pose is amazing for banishing back bulge while strengthening the muscles in your midback that help improve your posture.
7. Open Triangle Pose – Open Triangle is a great pose that has double the power: it’s a forward bend with a twist! This pose helps strengthen your entire body and fosters proper alignment.
8. Reverse Warrior – Reverse Warrior gives a big stretch to your side body and shoulders.
9. Bridge Pose – Two of the most problematic areas for people with poor posture are the chest and the shoulders. Bridge Pose works to strengthen both.
10. Cow Face Pose – Cow Face Pose does wonders for opening up your back. It provides a deep stretch for your hips, shoulders, and chest all at once.
11. Mountain Pose – Mountain Pose is a perfect place to start for good posture. This pose helps you become aware of your spine’s natural shape.
12. Child’s Pose (Balasana) – The Child’s pose is also known as resting pose in yoga.
Click on the following link to read more:
3 Yoga Poses To Improve Posture – DoYouYoga.com
6 Yoga Poses for Better Posture – BreakingMuscle.com
7 Yoga Poses for Prettier Posture – Popsugar.com