- Cut down on daily calories; work with a dietitian to come up with the ideal caloric intake for you.
- Scale back on sauces, dressings and other condiments. Make healthier choices such as lemon juice, vinegar, and low-calorie marinades.
- Don’t skip meals or starve yourself. This can make you pack on more pounds.
- Eat high-fiber, whole grain foods. Don’t stock your kitchen with tempting foods.
We should not forget the following important tips:
- Portions – Keeping track of what and how much we eat each meal helps maintain accountability.
- Stress – Stress is a contributing factor in weight gain. Keep your stress level down. “Try Yoga”
- Exercise – Establish a consistent and regular exercise routine that you enjoy.
I have found that giving myself a new reward, like a new pair of cool running shoes, a new exercise outfit, new exercise tunes or a new fitness tool, like an Exercise Ball for reaching goals and being consistent helps motivate me.
Find out what motivates you and set up a reward system for yourself. It is always fun to receive a reward for achieving a goal.
You Can Do It!!!
Click on the following to read more on how to keep the pounds off permanently:
The real weight loss battle: Keeping it off off permanently — Huffington Post
The very best way to lose weight and keep it off – Cleveland Clinic
What to cut back on to lose weight – Live Strong.com
Reward and Remind: How to Maintain Weight Loss – Fit Sugar
Fun Exercise Routines:
Fitness Ball Exercises – BallExercises.com
8 Stability Ball Exercises – Fitnessmagazine.com
7 Essential Home Workout Tools – Gaiam Blog
I came across an interesting quick read from Health Day by US News and World Report. It made me smile because this should be a no-brainer for weight loss. Everyone should know that avoiding sauces, gravies and fattening dressings will help with the weight loss. Consistency is key, if you want to succeed in your personal fitness quest. The Health Day Snippet shared a few pointers from Cleveland Clinic on maintaining a healthy weight: