If you are into having an industrial look in your home, don’t worry, this is not hard to achieve. By adding a few simple touches you can have your very own industrial styled home.
Play up a warm and welcoming look at home with farmhouse furnishings mingled with sleek industrial designs.
Step out of your comfort zone and be daring. Use your winged back chair with a tripod side table. Use a heavy duty console topped with charming vases. Make your home open and lived in for that personally style industrial look.
Interior designer for Brilliant Lighting, Bree Leech, gives excellent easy to follow tips on how you can create the perfect industrial look in your home.
- Create warmth in an industrial-inspired home by knowing the right lighting to choose. Pendant lights that feature glass or metal and shades in simple vintage shapes such as domes or cages are ideal.
- Combine the old with the new by selecting industrial-inspired pendants with cutting edge globe technology.
- Use warmer metals for a wholesome feel and add greenery to freshen and balance the industrial edge.
- To achieve an industrial look, the complementing decor should feature vintage and rustic finishes, such as exposed or painted brick, polished concrete and recycled timber.
- Keep color schemes soft and neutral using white and green, or go for something dramatic and moody by using darker blues and greys.
- For a more modern look, you can add basic elements such as simple contemporary furniture pieces, like tables, chairs or shelves.